Fulton County Schools
Fulton County is the state’s largest charter system with over 96,000 students. If you’re looking for homes in metro Atlanta with schools of excellence, Fulton County is a great choice. Fulton County has more schools with high SAT performance than any other school district in the state. Fulton County School System has 7 of the of the top 15 schools in the state for SAT performance, according to College Board via fultonschools.org
USNews.com ranked the Fulton County high schools and has great information on each including state and national rankings, graduation rates and awards status. Here are some more interesting stats from Fulton County Schools:
- Fulton County Schools has been named by Money Magazine as “One of the Top 100 School Districts in Places You Can Afford.”
- Fulton County Schools has been twice named a Magna Award winner by the National School Boards Association for its innovation and engagement.
- For more than 20 years, Fulton County Schools has received the “What Parents Want Award” from SchoolMatch.
- Fulton County Schools was the first school system in the United States to receive system wide accreditation from Advanced, the world’s largest education network.
- Fulton ranks second in the state in number of 2014 AP test-takers, total exams taken, and in the number of exams earning a 3 or higher.
- Fulton County Schools ranks third in Georgia for overall SAT scores and exceeds the national average by 70 points. Math scores are second in the state while Writing scores tied for first place. Six Fulton schools are among the top 20 highest scoring schools in Georgia.
- Fulton County Schools has the highest graduation rate – and the highest rate of graduation growth – among the large metro Atlanta school systems. The Fulton 2014 graduation rate was 78.7% – a 3.2% increase over the 2013 rate of 75.5%.
- Fulton County Schools was one of six urban school districts nationwide profiled for its successful strategies in boosting African-American student participation and performance on Advanced Placement tests by the Broad Foundation.
To help you with your Fulton County real estate quest, check out this link to interactive school zone maps.