Gwinnett County Schools
Gwinnett County School System is the largest in the metro Atlanta area, serving over 178,000 students. No matter where you’re coming from, you’ve likely heard of the importance of STEAM in our school systems. Gwinnett County proudly announced in August of this year the opening of a brand new eSTEAM (Entrepreneurship Science Technology Engineering Arts and Mathematics) Academy Here are some interesting statistics about GCPS (Gwinnett County Public Schools):
- GCPS’ average SAT score was 4th highest among the 10 systems and 44 points above the state average, with 54% of students qualifying for free or reduced lunch.
- GCPS has received the highest possible bond rating (AAA) from the nation’s two leading rating agencies. Gwinnett is one of only 17 districts in the United States to hold this distinction, evidence of the district’s stellar financial stewardship. Gwinnett is the only school system in Georgia and in the Southeast recognized with this fiscal stamp of approval.
- GCPS takes pride in its veteran professional educators. In FY2018, our average teacher will hold a master’s degree or higher advanced degree and have 13 years of teaching experience.
- The vast majority of 2017 graduates (85%) planned postsecondary studies. Seniors were offered a record-breaking $181.3 million in scholarships, not including HOPE scholarships, or full-ride scholarships for 19 QuestBridge National College Match Scholarship recipients.
- Nineteen student leaders were offered appointments to one of the country’s military service academies.
Gwinnett County Schools cluster map can be found here.